AirAsia Cabin Crew Interview Experience

1. Height & weight check
I had my first AA interview on 15 October 2016 at AirAsia red house Tanggerang, Indonesia. I arrived at 8.30 (interview started at 7.30, so please come early) & there was long line of people waiting, queue number is already almost 400. I waited until 10 and got weight & height check, I was 165cm & 61kg. Candidates pass through brought upstairs to the ballroom to watch AirAsia videos, QA session, talents show (if you can perform, they will give you point plus which benefit you at next stage), while waiting for next stage.

2.  Introduction / interview user
There was 2 interviewer, a lady & man, I was asked to introduce myself, why I wanna be a cabin crew & why I choose to work for AirAsia, all in English. After several questions, the lady check my hand skin. Then we were ask to wait outside. Waiting for minutes & a coordinator come out with the paper result. There were 2 results, you need to wait 2 weeks for them to consider your application & contact you (which sadly mean you are failed & they will never contact you) or you will directly go for English test at afternoon (success). Unfortunately I got the first result.:(
But I am not give up girls, I come again at next AA open day at Wed 19 Oct 2016 at Pullman Hotel Jakarta, this time I come earlier & the user is one of AA senior cabin crew, whom later I know she is the one responsible for crew grooming. She asked to introduce myself & questions about my CV like background, what I am doing now, and what is cabin crew responsibility that I know, in English mix a bit Indonesian. After that she ask me to do a cat walk. And again the nervous time come, to wait for the result. Guess what I got? The second result this time: SUCCESS! Go for Psychotest at 3pm.

3. Psycho & English Test
There is bunch of paper, questions to know your personality & IQ test. You need to finish all in determined time limit. This test use a lot of brain energy, so please feed yourself well before this test. English test is TOEIC, all multiple choice.

4. Group Disscussion
Held next week after. Every round there was 25 girls divided into 3 groups: A, B, C. We got name tag at left chest so they can recognize & cut our head anytime. We were asked to discuss in 5 mins what our team going to perform to the panelist. Give them something fresh & make them happy. 
Our group performed a yell yell “Next AirAsia All Star” with a cool pose of all members, then dance with Cheap Thrills song. 
From my opinion, they seek for a person who have self-confident, willing to cooperate in team, listen to others and not too dominant. There was a very beautiful friend with nice body shape, tall and did good job as leader, but she didn’t pass this stage.

5. Final Interview with Top Management
Around 80 people made to this stage. The senior cabin crews were being so nice to give all final candidates make up & hair touch up to look best like a professional AA cabin crew in front of top management. Thanks so much kakak-kakak cantik, you must be so tired that day (as I am a Makeup Artist, I understand the feeling to do make up 80 girls).
 

Before                                            After

We got in to the room 5 person in a time, there was 5 interviewer who are Directors & Managers of Indonesia AirAsia. We got question to introduce ourselves, why wanna be a cabin crew, why choose AirAsia, why choose to be a cabin crew rather than our job right now, are you ready to do cleaning job, what will you do to calm yourself when there is a customer angry because of delay flight. Every candidates need to answer all questions respectively. I and one another candidate can speak Mandarin, she asked to answer in Mandarin & I was being the translator. When we were going out of the room, the Director said, “hope to see you soon”. Me, “I hope so!”. LOL. We went home & asked to wait for 1 week.

6. Medical Examination
After 2 weeks waiting, I got an email that I have been shortlisted for medical exam at Balai Kesehatan Penerbangan, 19 Dec 2016. They checked cardiac, height & weight, eyes, ear, teeth (make sure you fix all caries & hole), blood, and radiology. We need to pay medical fee by ourselves Rp. 1.725.000 and you can have the results by 1 week.

Comments

  1. Thanks for sharing your experience. Those were useful information that can be made use by any candidate who is appearing for an interview.

    Pilot training in Chennai

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Singapore Airlines Interview Experience