Singapore Airlines Interview Experience

Even though the long & winding road, I believe I will make it. ^^
That day was Saturday, Oct 1st 2016, I almost didn’t want to go cause I was not confidence about my weight, but my boyfriend encouraged me. <3
When I arrived Wisma Asia SQ Centre, I met a girl from Bandung (the city distance 3 hours from Jakarta), she told me that she have finished the interview cause she is underweight. I felt so worry because I know I am so fat, I hope I can be slim like you girl!




Document & Height Weight Check
I was not ready to attend the interview, I left my application & required documents in my room in Karawaci, Tanggerang, Indonesia. What I brought with me was only birth certificate & bachelor degree certificate. Luckily, I met the nicest recruiter I’ve ever met in any cabin crew interview, Mr. O, which helped me to print out a set of SIA application.
After filled out the application, handle my documents, did height weight check. I was 164cm & 62.3kg. I was overweight. They asked me to wait, then they gave me a chance to attend the interview with condition I should reduce my weight before final interview day (if I pass all the stage that day).
PS: To calculate your SQ BMI use this formula: 
height (m) : weight (kg) : weight (kg) = must be <22
BMI score max is 22, not sure about the bottom.

Introduction Stage
We get into the room 8 person in a turn. There were 2 recruiters, a lady & a man, they asked us to introduce ourselves one by one. After that we were ask to wait outside. Mr. O got in to the room to take the result, and come to us. He read several names, which made me so nervous. Cause beautiful girls in my group got called, but I am not in the list. Around 5 people got called & Mr. O talking to them at another side of room. Later on, I was told that remain 3 of us are going to the next stage. I can’t believe I could pass this stage.

English test
English test content of multiple choice with mathematic problems inside, questions was not a lot, but kinda tricky.

Deeper Introduction & Skin Check
They interviewed 3 persons in a turn, 1 among them got selected. My turn was last group got called, only 2 persons. We were asked to sit down, then introduce more about ourselves: What are we doing, job experience, why we want to be a cabin crew, what is the most important traits of cabin crew, what is your favorite sport and if we are ready to do cleaning job. Then they give us a passage to read aloud. After that, candidate stand up with straight posture, turn around side to side, last showing arm to the lady. Then wait outside again. :’D
Mr. O come out again to talk to us one by one, I was told that I need to remove mosquito scar & go on diet, then come again on Nov 19 for recheck. Some of friends who passed this stage told me that they got direct invitation for final interview on 3 Dec.

Recheck
I came at 2 PM, then after waiting, I got called to the room alone. My mosquito scar has been gone and I have reduce my weight to 60.3kg, but it’s still overweight. However I am so lucky that they give me the ticket to attend final interview with condition to reduce 2kgs more.

Final Interview with Management from Singapore
It was held at Shangri-La Hotel on Dec 10. It’s compulsory to bring all the documents they asked. The interview is 1 by 3 management. All management were guys and they are so nice. It was just like chatting. When I got in they ask me if I am nervous, and why? I just said cause I want the job badly. They asked why I want the job, also questions about my current job & experience, and my hobbies.

Weight, height, Kebaya fitting & skin check
Then we go to another room to get weight & height check, that day I was 164cm & 59.3kg. Then I were asked to wear a Kebaya with the sandals. I fell in love with that uniform and the feeling was so amazing & fascinated. Then the recruiter asked me to show her my arm, my leg, then walk towards the wall (you need to walk very gracefully with straight back), then come back to her with wide smile showing teeth. After that, by wearing Kebaya, I was asked to see the 3 guys Management, they asked me to show how I serve a meal to a customer.

Result: Pending Application
I was told that I need to reduce my weight more and come back again at next final interview which will be held around 3 months later to check my weight and skin. Another friend who passed this round got to fill up employee application form & have medical checkup at Bellagio Mall, South Jakarta.

My impression: What I like about SQ is that they always give us time to improve ourselves, but the matter is the recruitment takes so long time. Hope that we all not so far with this dream.


Comments

  1. Hello, im enny. i've been read your blog about your interview with SIA. My dream is wanna be flight attendant. i wanna ask some question if u don't mind may i have your email?. btw I'm univ studenst semester 5. and my major is tourism management.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

AirAsia Cabin Crew Interview Experience